EducateNKY has launched its vision to address systemic change in education throughout Northern Kentucky.
Created by the OneNKY Alliance and led by recently hired President/CEO Tim Hanner, the start-up nonprofit has established an infrastructure to move forward, including the announcement of its Governing Board:
- Greg Fischer, Chairman, Fischer Homes: Board Chair
- Jim Votruba, President Emeritus, Northern Kentucky University: Vice Chair
- Jack Kenkel, Retired President, Victory Bank: Treasurer
- Lynn Schaber, community volunteer: Secretary
- Matt Smith, Attorney-at-Law, Ziegler & Schneider, P.S.C.: Legal Counsel
- Catrena Bowman, Executive Director, NKY Community Action Commission
- Garren Colvin, President & CEO, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Normand Desmarais, Co-Founder, Tier 1 Performance Solutions
- Karen Finan, President & CEO, OneNKY Alliance
- Tim Fogarty, Chief Executive Officer, WCM Holdings, Inc.
- Robert Heil, Chief Executive Officer, KLH Engineers, Inc.
- Brian Neal, Chief Executive Officer, Accelerate Great Schools
- Chuck Session, Executive in Residence, Northern Kentucky United Way
- Alaria Long, doctorate student representative, UC Irvine (a recent Covington Holmes graduate and non-voting board member.)
- Gene Wilhoit, Executive Director, National Center for Innovation in Education (special advisor to the board.)
In addition to finalizing its governing board, EducateNKY has taken these additional steps:
- Staffing: Hired Nancy Costello as part-time logistics and communications lead to provide strategic, operational support. Costello brings experience in the education/NKY non-profit arena, including work with the NKY Education Council, Vision 2015/Skyward, NKU Institute for Health Innovation, and NKY Area Development District’s GROW NKY workforce initiative.
- Landscape assessment:Contracted with a national firm to complete a thorough landscape assessment and asset mapping beginning Aug. 1.
- Advisory Council: Created an advisory council of regional leaders willing to share their expertise, skills, and knowledge with the EducateNKY Governing Board to advance its initiatives.