All or part of 29 streets in Covington will begin undergoing road resurfacing this week.
The project is part of a $927,540 contracted project with Riegler Blacktop, Inc., a Florence-based company that frequently contracts on municipal infrastructure projects throughout the NKY region. Riegler’s contract with Covington was finalized on Sept. 12.
“When it’s done, drivers will be a lot happier,” said Bill Matteoli, assistant director of Covington’s Public Works Department, in a recent press release. “We know there are a number of streets that need attention, and we tackle as many as possible each year.”
Riegler will grind away about an inch and a half of pavement before beginning resurfacing in earnest.
The following streets will be affected, listed in alphabetical order:
- Bush Street, from Scott Boulevard to Prospect Avenue.
- Clark Street, from Highway Avenue to Altamont Road.
- Coyote Court, from Indian Creek Drive to its western end.
- Dalton Street, from its northern end to West 8th Street.
- East 8th Street, from Greenup Street to its eastern end.
- East 16th Street, from Scott to Greenup Street.
- East 21st Street, from Garrard Street to its eastern end.
- East 25th Street, from Madison Avenue to East 24th Street.
- East 45th Street, from Glenn Avenue until Virginia Avenue.
- Emma Street, from Main Street to Bakewell Street.
- Hawthorne Street, from Jefferson Avenue to Holman Avenue.
- Holmesdale Court, from Madison Avenue to East 25th Street.
- Huntington Avenue, from East 41st Street to East 44th Street.
- Indiana Avenue, from Madison to Daniel Goodenough Court.
- Linden Avenue, from Holman Avenue to Woodburn Avenue.
- Locke Street, from East 39th Street to East 40th Street.
- Maryland Avenue, from East 21st Street to Durrett Street.
- Monroe Street, from West 16th Street to West 18th Street.
- Parkway Avenue, from Highway Avenue to Altamont Road.
- Shoreview Circle, from Meadow Hill Drive to its western end.
- Spring Street, from John Street to Highway Avenue.
- Tripoli Lane, from Hands Pike to its southern end.
- Vermont Street, from East 43rd Street to Baltimore Avenue.
- Wallace Avenue, from Greenup Street to Eastern Avenue.
- Wayne Road, from Edgehill Court to Prisoners Lake Drive.
- West 8th Street, from Craig Street to South Greer Street.
- West 11th Street, from Lee Street to Main Street.
- West 19th Street, from Franklin Street to its western end.
- Winding Way, from Jerome Street to the property line.
Covington’s Westside neighborhood will begin its own round of resurfacing next week.