A 14-year-old has been arrested in connection with several John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge bomb threats last week.
The juvenile was taken into custody in Michigan on an unrelated matter on Sept. 22, per Covington police. The teen is currently being charged in Kenton County with four counts of terroristic threatening in the first degree concerning the Roebling incidents.
On Sept. 13, investigators said they received a 911 call around 5 a.m. The person on the line threatened to shoot police and put pipe bombs on the bridge, according to Covington Police Captain Bornhorn. At one point, Bornhorn said the man demanded $400,000.
Then, on Sept. 17, the bridge was closed for several hours following another threat. Sept. 19, a threat was called in around midnight, and the bridge was closed for about two hours. The bridge was then closed from 1 a.m. to 1:50 a.m. Sept. 20 due to another threat.
Just after 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 18, the bridge was shut down due to a package left unattended; however, investigators have not indicated that this incident is connected with the threats.
Investigators have said that because the suspect is a juvenile, they cannot release any additional identifying information.