Kenton County’s Fall Cleanup drop-off events will take place this Friday and Saturday, Sept. 29 and 30 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kenton County Public Works building in Independence. The events are free, but people who wish to drop off their waste must present a valid government-issued identification or some other proof of residency within the county.
The following items will be accepted:
- Appliances (FREON accepted with a $25 fee – No food waste inside)
- Yard debris
- Household trash
- Scrap metal
- Electronics (anything with a power cord, one TV per vehicle)
- Motor and Rechargeable batteries
- 20lb propane grill tank
- Tires – Up to (8) standard tires are free per address within the county
- Lawn equipment and power tools
Note: All fluids (Oil/Gas) must be removed from equipment.
The following items will not be accepted:
- Hazardous materials
- Liquid Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
- Large Tanks/Cylinders/ Oxygen tank
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Regular batteries
- Oil and antifreeze
For more information visit Kenton County’s event page.