Aviatra Accelerators, a Covington nonprofit that supports women-owned startups and small businesses, is holding its annual Flight Night Pitch contest at the Newport Car Barn.
The event, set for Thursday, Aug. 31, from 5:30 to 8 p.m., will showcase ten female-founded businesses that have completed Aviatra’s Momentum Accelerator — a ten-week, 30-hour program designed for newer, revenue-positive businesses of $50,000 or more seeking to build upon their momentum. The winner of Aviatra’s Flight Night pitch competition will receive a cash prize of $1,000.
During the Momentum Accelerator, the entrepreneurs created a business plan with a three-year financial projection. They participated in networking and coaching on sales strategies, finance, funding, marketing, and human resources taught by local experts. Each entrepreneur, as a participant of the Momentum Accelerator, will receive $1,000 of in-kind business services.
Abbi Rettig of Newport-based Tickety Boo Treats, a manufacturer of allergen-free treats, took home last year’s grand prize of $5,000.
The entrepreneurs who will showcase their businesses at Flight Night are:
- Jessica Wright of Wright Workforce Solutions: Florence-based human resource services provider for small business, startups, and entrepreneurs while offering project management assistance to nonprofits.
- Emily Ryan of Petal & Stem: Covington-based full-service, philanthropic floral company specializing in weddings, events, and build-your-own-bouquet classes.
- Jennifer Myka of Free Radical Ranch: 54-acre farm in Morning View that provides farm stays, tours, science, and educational programs about animals and sustainable farming.
- Billie Kegley of The Roost Latonia: Latonia-based coffee shop and retailer looking to expand into catering, short-term rentals, small-venue rentals and an online marketplace for Kentucky products.
- Jaqueline Mayer of Mayer Law: Newport-based criminal defense that consults with clients to help navigate the legal system.
- Cindy and Hannah Capannari of Playful Wanderings: mother-daughter team that provides outdoor nature programs to help kids connect with the outdoors.
- Amy Clark of Amy K Clark Design: designs, fabricates, and installs custom window treatments and upholstered goods for clients.
- Ashley Meenach of Boundless Beauty: a styling service that provides makeup, hairstyling, and wardrobe rentals.
- Alexia Zigoris of Alexia Zigoris Coaching: an executive leadership coach for both individuals and teams.
- Jessica Sheldon of CityScape Tiles: developed a proprietary process to transfer images into ceramic tiles, creating functional art for gifts and home decor.
Tickets to the event are $15. They can be purchased by clicking here.