The Ludlow Independent Schools Board of Education is seeking someone to fill an open spot on the district’s school board.
The applicant would fill the spot left by Amy Hayden, who has served on the board since January 2011. The board voted to accept Hayden’s resignation at the regular board of education meeting on Thursday evening.
Superintendent Mike Borchers said that Hayden had tendered her resignation because she’s moving out of the district.
According to the advertisement, board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180)
- Complete required annual in-service training
An advertisement with instructions on how to apply for the position is available at the district’s website. The person who is offered the position would serve until the general election in November 2023, at which point the public will vote on a new board.